Switching to Fireside is easy! First you will need to log into Fireside and click 'Import a Podcast'. Fireside Podcasts all get a URL like
mypodcast.fireside.fm. You can customize the
mypodcast prefix using the field provided then click 'Next'. Paste your old Transistor RSS Feed URL* into the field provided and click 'Next'. Complete the following two steps then click 'Finish'. Once you have checked that your episodes have been successfully imported into Fireside you will then need to set up the redirect from your old host Transistor.
- Log into Transistor and select the show you'd like to move to Fireside
- Select "Show Settings" and scroll down to the "Advanced Settings" dropdown
- Paste your new Fireside RSS feed URL** in the field titled "Permanent redirect (301) of your RSS feed to another URL"
- Save your changes
Your redirect is now set up! We recommend keeping the redirect (and your podcast) active on Transistor for at least 30-60 days after you've completed the steps above. This is to ensure all platforms catch the change as some platforms can be slower to update than others.
* Not sure how to find your Transistor RSS Feed URL? Follow the steps below:
- Select your podcast from the Dashboard, you will be taken to the Overview page
- On the right side you will see a button titled "RSS Feed" (it's right underneath the green Add Episode button)
- Right click on the RSS Feed button and copy your RSS feed URL
** Not sure how to find your Fireside RSS Feed URL? Follow these steps: Where can I find my Fireside RSS Feed URL?